National Sailing Centre
1500 East Coast Parkway
22nd to 26th January 2014
- Phone Kyaw Moe Myint (Manager)
- Kookiat Sakulfaeng (Coach)
- Min Min
- July Hmwe
- Set Naing Aung
- Ye Htet
- Ngon Phooe Hlaing
SIM 33rd Singapore Open Asian Windsurfing Champions
(Youth Olympic Qualifiers)
- The Myanmar athletes have performed superbly for this event establishing a strong presence amongst the other Asian powerhouses such as Japan, Thailand, and Hong Kong. Many Federations came to acknowledge this achievement and several interviews were done asking how our Federation accomplished such an achievement.
- The level of competition was very high especially from Hong Kong who dominated the races.
- Wind conditions averaged 15 knots in which our Myanmar Sailors handled very well. However, the shifty conditions made it more difficult for our sailors to maintain their positions. Our sailors favor strong constant sea breeze over shift conditions.
- Races averaged between 20-45 minutes. Winds in Race Day 1 & 2 averaged around 14-17 knots (gusting to 20 at times) and tapering off to 8-10 knots in the following days.